We caught up with cute kid’s boutique owner, Jan Gabrielson, of Nanny’s Children’s Shoppe in Sanibel, Florida. Aside from being envious of the great weather in Sanibel, we are even more envious of her amazing children’s store that is a must-go-to for cute kids clothing, accessories and much more – plus we hear she is having a 30% sale soon! She gives us the scoop on family hangouts around her store, her upcoming store events and her favorite Le Top Collection! Read more below!
NANNY’S CHILDREN’S SHOPPE
2250 Periwinkle Way
Sanibel, FL 33957
1. Tell us the inspiration the name Nanny’s Children’s Shoppe? How long has your store been around?
Nanny’s has been on Sanibel since 1982. I purchased the store in 1999. I have moved the location over the years to it’s present home – an original cottage located on the main road and bicycle route.
2. Any special events or fun holiday traditions that you have planned at your store for Christmas Eve or the New Year? Tell us the inside scoop about any special events and especially the fun deals we can expect!
Nanny’s participates every year in the annual Sanibel Island Luminary Night held the first Friday of December. This year we featured a local cartoonist and children’s author. The kids enjoyed cookies while drawing with him. During the holidays, Nanny’s will have a 30% off sale in progress on fall merchandise.
Jan showing off the Le Top "Jolly Jurassic" collection t-shirt
3. What’s your favorite holiday tradition and or nostalgic moment and why? Whether it be decorating the Christmas tree to eating peppermint bark to lighting the menorah candles to baking in the kitchen, etc…
At this time of the year, I enjoy wonderful friends and customers talking and sharing their stories and pictures of their children and grandchildren. Over the years in the children’s business I have seen them grow-up!
4. What would you suggest as the top 3 essentials in the winter that any parent should buy to brighten up their child’s wardrobe this winter – especially for the warm-weather kiddos in Florida!
We find sun protection hats, shirts, and swim cover-ups to be a must-have in Florida.
5. What is your favorite holiday film past or present for kids/family?
I absolutely love It’s A Wonderful Life.
Inside Nanny's featuring Le Top "Pizzazz" collection dresses and leggings (top), "Seeing Spots" collection (right wall)
6. Will you be carrying any cute swimwear or Spring 2012 this January for parents looking to buy warm-weather clothing for holiday vacations? What are some hot items to look out for?
Nanny’s will be receiving lots of spring clothing items in January for all of our annual guests. The fashions for spring are so colorful and comfortable. We carry many knits that the children love. Being in Florida, you’ll find many ocean themed items….crabs, fish, lobsters. How about shark t-shirts for boys!
7. Describe the neighborhood of your store location in Sanibel, Florida?
Nanny’s is located in the Sanibel Square near the very popular Sanibel Bean Coffee Shop.
8. Where are the best/essential family hangouts and places to go around your store location?
Located right across the street from Nanny’s is the town park, a wonderful place for children to enjoy. Also, the Island Cow restaurant is a very popular spot to dine with children. The number one attraction on Sanibel for the whole family is the miles of beaches.
Le Top "Purrrfectly Pink" collection circle skirt dress and stripe footless tights
9. What Le Top or rabbitmoon Winter 2011 collection is your store’s favorite and why?
The favorite in Nanny’s from the winter collection was Le Top’s “Purrfectly Pink” group. The soft colors and the twirl factor made this a must-have!
2250 Periwinkle Way
Sanibel, FL 33957
Read Full Post »