Gear up, because back-to-school is around the corner, and if there is one store you can use as your “one-stop shop”…it’s Baby Bundles! They have two fabulous locations in Knoxville, Tennessee and Lexington, Kentucky – double the fashion, and double the fun. We spoke with co-owners and kids fashion gurus: Sherri, Margaret and Marie to get the low-down on children’s warm-weather fashion, upcoming deals at their stores and the “do’s” and “don’ts” in dressing the most fashionable baby and kiddo.
161 Lexington Green, Suite B3
Lexington, KY 40503
1. What was your inspiration behind opening your two children’s clothing stores – how long have each been open and do they cater to different clientele?
Baby Bundles: Baby Bundles was started in Knoxville, Tennessee ten years ago by Sherri. Sherri wanted a store that would offer a comprehensive one-stop shopping experience for parents looking for specialty items. In 2010, Sherri partnered with Baby Bundles Manager, Margaret and her sister Marie to open Baby Bundles in Lexington, Kentucky. Both stores offer traditional and trendy children’s apparel. While the stores are in different locations, the spirit of the clientele remains essentially the same. Our customers range from new parents to grandparents looking for a local shopping experience from a knowledgeable sales staff, whose primary goal is to assist them in selecting merchandise that reflects their child’s unique style and spirit.
2. Tell us the inside scoop about any special events that you have planned at your two stores and e-boutique this coming summer and fun deals we can expect.
Baby Bundles: As we wind down summer, Baby Bundles Lexington will be hosting our “One is Fun” First Birthday Party. The event will feature an Alex’s Lemonade Stand hosted by local pre-school students, a petting zoo and visit from local horse hero, Lash, who has recently been made into a plush doll. We will follow that event with a visit with silhouette artist Clay Rice in October.
3. What are this season’s latest trends for kid’s clothing in Kentucky? Tell us the 3 “do’s” and 3 “don’ts” in kid clothing style.
- Accessorize…a great hair bow, headband or cute tights can make the outfit.
- Invest in a pair of Monkey Bar Buddies to go with your Le Top dress. The underwear covers come in great colors and are perfect for back to school.
- Let your child have voice in which outfits to purchase…you are never too young to take pride in how you look.
- Don’t dress your child above their age. As we tell our customers, “Children are only small for a short period time.” Celebrate childhood by selecting age appropriate clothing.
- Don’t be afraid to purchase brother and sister matching outfits. Le Top has cute designs that our customers with siblings love.
- Don’t forget to purchase a white sweater. This simple purchase can help your child’s wardrobe transition into different seasons.
4. Why did you pick the name Baby Bundles for your stores?
Baby Bundles: The original concept was to offer a one-stop shop where parents could buy a variety of specialty store items for their children. The word bundles seemed to work with the original mission and then baby seemed to be a natural fit.
5. Tell us…before you “had kids or grandkids, what is one thing you swore you’d never…?” Please share!
Baby Bundles: We can’t really think of anything. I guess all three of us just gave up hope of controlling every situation and just decided to enjoy the ride.
6. Describe the neighborhoods of each of your store locations. Did you grow up in any of the 2 local areas?
Baby Bundles: The Knoxville store is located in the West Town Mall, Knoxville’s premier shopping center. The Lexington store is located in the Mall at Lexington Green, which primarily caters to locally owned boutiques and businesses. Sherri grew up in Knoxville, Tennessee and Margaret and Marie grew up just outside of Lexington. Marie still resides in Kentucky.
7. What would you say are the top 3 requested clothing and/or accessory items requested from your store this summer?
- Texture was a primary concern of customers this summer. Soft knits from Le Top were great sellers because of they feel great and are easy to care for.
- Le Top bathing suits with matching cover-ups
- Big Sister and Little Sister outfits that compliment without matching exactly.
8. Tell us about a “special” moment that made your day working at your store.
Baby Bundles: Having to name just one is hard. Perhaps the most memorable was when a Knoxville customer who traveled regularly from Eastern Kentucky to shop learned that we were opening a store in Lexington. She was so excited that she starting jumping up and down and waving her hands like the head cheerleader on game day!
9. Where are the best/essential family hangouts and places to go around your store locations?
Baby Bundles: When in Knoxville, stop by and ride the train that travels around the West Town Mall. When in Lexington, a stop by Fro Joes for fresh frozen yogurt, feed the ducks at our big pond, or visit Shilito Park that is just down the street.
10. What Le Top or rabbitmoon Spring/Summer 2011 collection is your store’s favorite and why?
Baby Bundles: Our favorite was the Ship Ahoy! Collection. It was ideal for boys and girls from newborn through size 6. Whether land locked or beach bound just looking at it made us think of the perfect summer day!
Baby Bundles Store Locations:
7600 Kingston Pike, #1460
Knoxville, TN 37919
161 Lexington Green, Suite B3
Lexington, KY 40503
or go to shopbabybundles.com for more information
CHECK-IN and JOIN Baby Bundles Lexington’s Facebook page and click HERE