We will all be travelling in cars this weekend to various friends and families’ houses to celebrate Uncle Sam’s Birthday a.k.a. Fourth of July! These pudding cups are super easy to make, great to travel with and easy for kid to run and have fun with these in hand with their friends. They are very patriotic and delicious!
- 3/4 cup each red, white, and blue melting wafers
- 1 pound cake (12 oz.)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 1/2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- Whipped cream
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Place 12 foil cupcake liners on a baking sheet. Microwave red wafers in a bowl for 30-second intervals,
stirring in between, until melted (about 2 minutes). Repeat with the white and blue wafers.
- To make a solid-colored cup: Using a 10 pastry brush, spread one color of melted wafers across bottom
of foil cup, then brush the color up the cup’s sides. For a striped cup: Brush stripes of alternating colors across bottom of cup, continuing up the sides.
- Return finished cups to baking sheet and refrigerate until just set, about 3 minutes. Apply a second
coat of melted wafers to each cup, matching its original color pattern, and return to refrigerator to set, 10 minutes.
- Cut pound cake crosswise into 12 1″-thick slices. With a cookie cutter, cut a 2 1/2″ round from each slice. In medium bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, and preserves.
- To assemble, carefully peel foil from chilled cups. Gently place 1 cake circle into bottom of each cup. Top each circle with 2 Tbs. pudding; divide fruit mix among cups. Decorate with dollops of whipped cream, and top with colored sprinkles.
recipe from www.parents.com