We interviewed our favorite online swim retailer that carries everything from the top beach gear to the best family and children’s swimwear! They know the “do’s” and “don’ts” in warm-weather swim style – read below for the latest and greatest tips from the fabulous buying team from the SwimOutlet.com.
1. What was the inspiration/ behind starting e-store – swimoutlet.com?
SwimOutlet.com started as a website called SwimLessions.com. Our CEO had the idea to create a website where swim students could connect to instructors. The site grew to include locators for public pools, directories for swim schools and an aquatic job board.
Selling swim products was the next step in its natural progression. Today, SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty shop for swimming, water polo, fashion, beach, and surf products in the US.
2. Tell us about any special online promotions that you have planned this summer and fun deals we can expect!
Our e-store has promotions and deals throughout the year! Sign up for our newsletter or check out our ‘clearance corner’ to get the lowest prices on swimwear.
3. Summer break is here and families are travelling and in need of fabulous swimwear and swim products. What are 3 family swimwear must-have items that are available at your online store for summer?
Our top 3 must-have items for the summer:
- Sun protection: Protect you and your family from sunburn this summer! Here are our suggestions: Sun blocks, sunscreens, sun suits, UV protective swimwear, cover ups, sunglasses, and hats!
- Swim aids: Help your child gain confidence in the water! Arm bands, swim vests, flotation suits and USCG approved life jackets are great options!
- Goggles: SwimOutlet carries a variety of swim goggles including: Competitive, prescription,
snorkel, and kids goggles!
This season’s hottest trends in kids’ swimwear are ruffles, bright colors, and floral.
The 3 “do’s” in kids’ swimwear style are:
- UV protective materials: Rashguards, sun suits, cover-ups, and hats.
- Comfortable fit: The more comfortable the swimwear, the more your kids will enjoy wearing it. Choose a swimsuit not too tight or loose; if your child is between sizes, pick the larger size for them to grow into.
- Popular styles include: One pieces, tankinis, bikinis, and monkinis for girls and boardshorts, volley shorts, and surf styles for boys.
The 3 “don’ts” in kids’ swimwear are:
- String tops and bottoms: These are sure to fall off active children!
- White swimwear: Dirt is more likely to show up on lighter suits.
- Complicated: Buy swimwear that is easy to put on / take off!
5. What are qualities parents should look for in children’s swimwear? Wearability? Comfort? UV protection? Please tell us your 3 rules to buying perfect children’s swimwear!
- Definitely comfort
- Easy to put on / take off
- Fun for your child
6. What are your top 3 best selling beach gear items that you would suggest as the perfect “go-to” items for a family on vacation?
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach games and toys
7. What swimwear or cover-up piece from Le Top do you love from the Spring/Summer 2011 collection?
We love Le Top’s Monokinis—they are absolutely adorable! The entire Ship Ahoy! collection is a close second!
Join SwimOutlet.com’s Facebook
page by clicking HERE
Become a Twitter fan of