This version of a classic carnival game also makes a fun and great Halloween kids’ activity with bursting confetti-and-candy-filled balloons. This Halloween game is good for a home party or even the classroom – it is sure to make everyone “explode” with laughter and glee.
- 4-by-5 1/2-foot piece of foam board (buy it at your local craft store)
- 2 yards of burlap or other fabric
- Duct tape
- Thirty-five 12-inch orange balloons
- Candy (small, thin types work best)
- Pump, for balloons (optional), joann.com
- T pins
- Green construction paper
- Pushpins (or darts for bigger kids)
1. Cover foam board with burlap; secure in back with duct tape. Place flat on the ground (living room or a spacious area)
3. Inflate the balloons (a pump makes it faster); tie off with a knot. Attach balloons to board with T pins, in a pumpkin shape. Make sure to push the T pins all the way in so that there are no “poking” accidents when your child sits on the balloon.
4. Cut a stem shape from green construction paper, and secure with T pins.
5. Put on a fun Halloween song like the “Monster Mash” and have the kids dance to the music – when the music stops, have them sit on the balloons to make them pop! Challenge the kids to pop all of the balloons by the end of the song.
VISIT OUR LE TOP HOME…