St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. If you’re searching for festive and scrumptious desserts for your celebration to please both kids and adults, look no further.
St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups green mini-marshmallows (you may have to pick them out of a bag of pastel mini-marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add food coloring and rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. You can also add plain green M&Ms.
Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Chocolate drizzle and cool minty cream cheese frosting top indulgent chocolate bars. Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 36 bars
- 1 pouch ( lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoons mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat over to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir all Bar ingredients until soft dough forms> Press into pan; bake 15 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes.
3. In large bowl, stir all Frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over bars.
4. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave all Glaze ingredients on High for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
source of Grasshopper Bars: http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/