After writing the post on “Raising a Reader,” I started to think about all the books my mom read to us when I was a kid. I, like any kid, definitely had my favorites. Instead of listing them all, I thought I would share some of my very favorites. It has been over 25 years since I read a lot of my childhood favorite books, and I now find myself browsing the local book store for them (once again) to share with my son. Some have been easier than others to find, as the children’s literature department has grown leaps and bounds. While seeking out for the ‘classics,’ I get excited to learn what the new children’s best-seller books are. Please let us know what your favorite books were as a child and what great new books you have found for your kids and grandkids!
Kristin’s Top 5 Children’s Books:
- “The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Very Hungry Bear” by Audrey and Don Wood
- “The Pokey Little Puppy” by Janette Sebring Lowery
- “Goodnight Moon” by Margaret Wise Brown
- “Thingumajig Book of Manners” by Irene Keller
- I love to help Mommy (really I don’t remember what name of the book is but that is what it was about.