This Sunday is the big game – Giants versus the Patriots – and that means lots of kids, lots of TV sports watching and lots of food! Entertain your little ones with these semi-healthy sweet treats at superbowl for dessert! They are also great to nibble on during the game, I mean, aren’t we all big kids?
p.s. – these are great for a next day kid-friendly lunch-box treat!
Chewy Oatmeal Blondie Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups of baking mix (see below)
Baking Mix Recipe: (whisk together and store in a sealed container for next time!)
- 6 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter. Line bottom and two sides with a strip of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Butter paper, and set pan aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, and beat until combined. With mixer on low, gradually add Baking Mix; mix just until combined. Mix in 3/4 cup oats. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Using an offset metal spatula or table knife, smooth batter evenly. Sprinkle with remaining oats, pressing gently to adhere. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Using overhang, transfer blondie (still on paper) to a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a cutting board (peel off paper); using a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.
CHECK OUT LE TOP CHILDREN’S CLOTHING AT