This week we headed to the mid-west to interview one of the chicest baby and children’s boutique’s in all of Chicago Illinois – Bellybum Boutique? Never been? Trust Ellen Sternweiler, store owner, on her killer instincts and excellent taste for children’s products, clothing, accessories and toys…your kiddo is sure to be styling and dressed to impress! She gave s the inside scoop on her store’s upcoming events and sales, the best items for parents shopping for a warm-weather winter vacation, and her favorite Rabbitmoon collection for spring! Read more below!
4347 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60618
CHECK-IN and JOIN Bellybum Boutique Facebook page and click HERE
1. Tell us the inspiration behind the name Bellybum Boutique? How long has your store been around?
I was trying to figure out a good name for a store that would specialized in everything for pre & postnatal moms and cloth diapers…hmmm…mama bellies & baby bums! Perfect
2. Spring 2012 styles are coming into stores and brightening up any family’s winter wardrobe. What are your top 3 items (clothes, toys, giftables, etc.) for any parent shopping for warm weather items for a nice holiday vacation this winter?
Of course we always love receiving our new Rabbitmoon Collection — and this season will not disappoint (so cute)! We also just received a gorgeous new line of organic toys, blankets & clothing from Finn & Emma. Swaddle Designs blankets make great gifts: Soft and cozy, these 3-blanket cotton/fleece sets are perfect for any cool spring day. No mama’s ensemble will be complete this season without one of our gorgeous cardigans from Splendid! Lastly, I bet any sleep deprived parent can figure out why our “On-the-Go Sleep Sheep” are a must have…
3. Any special events that you have planned at your store for spring? Tell us the inside scoop about any special events and especially the fun deals we can expect!
We like to have fun and surprise our customers…That said, you can expect more fun, and sometimes silly, Spring/Summer sales and events in addition to our current Winter Clearance sale. We are planning a big event in the Spring to celebrate the opening of our new Sensory Kids™ Store, and we are sponsoring the Autism Speaks Walk in June. Stay tuned for more information about walking with “Team Bellybum.” And, of course, if the weather continues to astound, we will surely bring back our ever-popular “Temperature Sale.”
4. What is your “go-to” baby shower gift in your store for boys and girls?
Padalily car seat handle pads (for moms), Apple Park Organic Plush Rattles & Toys (for Babies), and Moby Wraps (for parents) are hands down customer favorites!
5. What are your top 3 children’s movies or books and why?
- ChittyChittyBangBang (still great after all these years!)
- Jungle Book (who wouldn’t love Baloo?)
- The Phantom Toll Booth (Read this! Then read it to your young children, then let them read it again when they can, then re-read it yourself…you’ll get something new from this every time. I promise)
7. Describe the neighborhood of your store location in Chicago, Illinois? Did you grow up in the local area?
I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Now, after 20 years in Chicago, I finally consider myself a Chicagoan (though I’ve gotta admit I’m still an Indians and Cavs fan). I love the Lincoln Square/Northcenter neighborhood where my store is located and where I live. It’s the perfect mixture of old and new and committed to being the ‘greenest’ neighborhood in Chicago. It’s a terrific place to raise a family with beautiful parks, as well as plenty of hip stores and great restaurants.
9. Where are the best/essential family hangouts and places to go around your store location?
Jury’s (Best Burger), Julius Meinl (Best Coffeehouse), Wells Park (Sports, Concerts…), The Old Town School of Folk Music, Lincoln Square (Gift Stores, Book Stores, Restaurants…)
10. What Le Top or Rabbitmoon Spring 2012 collection is your store’s favorite and why?
We LOVE the Rabbitmoon “Summer” sunlit yellow collection!!! The colors are so fresh and who knew yellow could look so good?! The “Pieced Top With Tie Shoulder” is ridiculously cute with the matching hat. OMG!
4347 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60618
CHECK-IN and JOIN
Facebook page and click HERE