It can be hectic with your neighborhood friends and family over for dinner and to watch the upcoming Oscars this Sunday…so why not make this fun “make-ahead” popcorn recipe that both the adults and children will love? Plus it saves you time on the day of the Oscars to glam up yourself! Make it fun and have your little boy or girl get dressed up too by letting them take clothes from their closet and play “dress-up” for their favorite movie-character…and for the laid-back parent, maybe let your little girl put on a little lipstick and blush for a “special night” of fun! Enjoy the below recipe.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts plain popped popcorn
- Make caramel: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup, stirring until melted and combined.
- Cover; cook 2 minutes to let steam wash down sides of pan.
- Remove lid; cook until mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour half the caramel over popcorn, stirring to break up clumps.
- Drizzle in remaining caramel; stir until cooled and no longer sticky.
- Serve at room temperature.
Note: you can store the popcorn for up to 2 days in an air-tight container. I love a “make-ahead” recipe.
CHECK OUT LE TOP CHILDREN’S CLOTHING AT www.letop-usa.com