Posted in Cooking, Desserts, Eating/Dining, le•top Chef Series, Recipes, tagged berries, blackberry, blueberry, children's snack, confetti, crackers, le top blog, le•top Chef Series, letop chef series, low-fat vanilla yogurt, Parents.com, pretzel rods, raspberry, recipe, smart snack, strawberry, summer snack, yogurt, yogurt pops on June 11, 2009 |
4 Comments »
…A Delectable Dessert in about 10 MINUTES!
Makes six (6) popsicles
- 2 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup assorted berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, chopped strawberries)
- 5 pretzel rods (halved), OR 10 baked snack stick crackers
In a large bowl, gently stir together the yogurt and fruit. Spoon into 4-ounce ice-pop molds or 3-ounce paper cups. Cover molds/cups with foil. Use a sharp knife to cut a small hole in the foil and insert cut side of pretzel rod or snack stick. Freeze until firm. Remove foil and mold/cup before serving. (Store for up to a month.)
Recipe from Parents.com
Read Full Post »
Posted in Activities for Children, Children, Cooking, Eating/Dining, Grilling, le•top, le•top Chef Series, Recipes, tagged Cooking with kids, Easy and Quick Recipes, Easy broil chicken recipe, Easy cooking, easy ground beef recipes, Easy main course recipes, easy recipes, Grilling, kids in the kitchen, le•top Chef Series, letop chef series, mini burgers, mini cheddar burgers, Parents.com, Quick recipes in under 30 minutes, recipe, Recipes, recipes for busy moms and dads, recipes for cooking with kids on June 5, 2009 |
1 Comment »
Perfect activity for little hands, and perfect to eat for little mouths!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Grill: 8 minutes
Makes 12 mini burgers
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small round dinner rolls (such as potato rolls or dollar rolls)
- 24 leaves fresh arugula or other leafy green, cleaned
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces total)
- 12 slices plum tomato
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Shape seasoned beef into 12 small patties, about 1/4-cup mixture for each, forming patties that are 2-1/2 inches across and 1/2 inch thick.
- Split the rolls in half and toast the cut side on the grill, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large platter. Top buns with arugula leaves.
- Transfer hamburger patties to the grill and cook 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 additional minutes or until cooked through. Top burgers with cheese. Slice should be roughly the size of the burger; if not, cut or fold it to fit. Grill until slightly melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer burgers to lettuce-topped buns and place a plum tomato slice on each. Serve warm.
Read Full Post »