Posted in Baby, Baby Clothes, Baby Gifts, Baby Shower Gifts, Childhood, Children, Children's Clothes, Fashion Design, Just for Fun, Le Top, Le Top Online Boutique, le•top, le•top Design, Newborn, Parenting, tagged how to swaddle, le top baby blankets, le top blog, letop, sleep better, soft baby blanket, swaddle your newborn, swaddling baby, wrapping a baby on November 12, 2010 |
1 Comment »
Babies are popping out left and right around me – all of my friends are having babies and come to think of it, do I really know how to swaddle a newborn? I get the concept of wrapping a baby, but is there a proper way to do it like the nurse does?
It’s almost like a haircut – it always looks so much better when your hairdresser does it right? But remember all of the practice a nurse has – they perform miracles with receiving blankets! Try, try again and eventually you will get the hang of it.
All babies love swaddling because being tight in a bundle makes him or her feel like they are back in the mommy’s womb. It tends to be that babies sleep better when swaddled – incentive right?
Here is what you do:
- Lay out a lightweight blanket on your bed or the floor in a diamond shape. Picture a clock face.
- Fold the top corner (12 o’clock) down about 6 inches.
- Put your baby here, with her head just above the fold and her feet pointing toward 6 o’clock.
- Pick up the right-hand corner of the blanket (3 o’clock) and wrap it firmly over her right arm and chest, then behind her back (under her left arm).
- Next take the 6 o’clock corner of the blanket and pull it up over her feet, tucking it under her chin.
- Finally, pull the remaining corner (9 o’clock) across her body and around and under her back. Tada!
Check out our Le Top baby blankets to help you start practicing in ultimate comfort and style:
Read Full Post »