Sunday is the Super Bowl and you are most likely going to someone’s house to watch the game or you are throwing the party! Here is a fun recipe adults and kids love, and can be a great hostess gift or your “go-to” finger food for your soirees.
Panko-Crusted Chicken Bites with Apricot-Mustard Sauce Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup apricot jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fit with a wire rack. Spray with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Place flour in a large bowl and season very generously with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs in another large bowl with 2 tablespoons water until well combined. Place the breadcrumbs in a third large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Stir in cheese and cayenne and mix well.
3. Place chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and toss to coat. Working in 3 batches, shake off any excess flour from chicken pieces and transfer to egg mixture; stir to combine. Transfer coated chicken pieces with a slotted spoon to the breadcrumb mixture and toss until completely coated. Place the breaded chicken pieces on a rack-lined baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Repeat process until all the chicken is breaded. Bake until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, stir the apricot jam, mustard, and thyme together until combined. Allow chicken to cool 10 minutes before serving with apricot mustard mixture.
CHECK OUT LE TOP CHILDREN’S CLOTHING AT