It’s not always easy when you get home from work, are tired and have to come up with something quick and easy for your family and loved ones for dinner. Why not put a fun twist on spaghetti by adding peanut sauce! See the below recipe!
For a quick Asian sauce that takes almost no time to prepare, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar!
ASIAN SPAGHETTI RECIPE
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces snow peas, tough strings removed
- 3 medium carrots, halved, and shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 container (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add snow peas, carrots, and tofu to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and set aside.
2. In pasta pot, stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Add reserved pasta mixture; toss gently, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats spaghetti (you may not need all the water). Season as desired with salt and pepper. Serve.