This Friday we are giving you the gift of Trendy Treasures as our “Online Premier Store Spotlight.” We know the holidays are quickly approaching and what mom has time to go out into the cold and shop ‘til they drop? We know we are busy elves over at Le Top prepping for the holidays. We would love for you to check out Trendy Treasures for all of your holiday clothing needs and a gift or two for others (‘tis the time for giving right?). We interviewed Dawn Watson and Karen Schirmer of Trendy Treasures to find out about their upcoming sales and deals for the holiday, wintery style tips, Thanksgiving traditions and of course the top gifts to buy this year from their boutique!
Trendy Treasures Online
CHECK-IN and JOIN
Facebook page by clicking HERE
1. Tell us the inspiration behind opening your own eboutique? How long has your online store been around?
My inspiration to open our Trendy Treasures Online store came from a few different things: 1) the birth of my third daughter who is now 7 years old 2) curiosity 3) and my 20 year sales background. Trendy Treasures Online was founded in 2007 and has grown tremendously since then. Trendy Treasures Online is a family owned and operated global business.
2. How did you come up with the name?
We originally had a cute pink treasure box (as seen at the bottom of our homepage) as part of our original logo and we knew we wanted the word Trendy as part of our name. We chose the word trendy because part of our goal is to keep up with new and old high quality clothing from all over the world. So, we combined the word Trendy with the treasures toy box idea and magically came up with the name Trendy Treasures. Since we are currently only an online store we added the word Online at the end when we came up with our formal logo that you see today.
3. Tell us the inside scoop about any special events that you have planned for your eboutique for this winter, especially the fun deals we can expect! Anything for Thanksgiving or Cyber Monday this month?
Although we always have some sort of a sale going on, this year we have two super special sales. We are having two special 20% off sales on Black Friday, November 25th and Cyber Monday, November 28th from midnight to 11:59 am PST.
4. Please tell us one fun Thanksgiving tradition you had with your family as a child that you can share with our readers?
Since most of our family lived on the East Coast in Connecticut, my parents, sister, brother and I, along with a few family members here in California, got together for a traditional Thanksgiving Feast. Part of the fun was sharing this meal while using china that was passed down from our great grandparents. What brings back my fondest memories are the times that we used our matching pewter silverware, glasses and plates because we purchased them as a family on a trip that we took together to Connecticut. We still use these today on Thanksgiving as they remind us of our father that passed away in 1990. What was also special is that we would all make phone calls back East to speak to all of our grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
5. What are a few of your “go-to” staples to keep kiddos warm this winter on your website?
- Warm and comfy brand named pajamas and robes for all ages including: Esme, PJ Salvage, B Up, Books to Bed, Petit Lem and more.
- Socks and leggings from Country Kids and Jeffries.
- Our top selling Pluie Pluie kids raincoats and matching kids rainboots and umbrellas.
- And our trend setting variety of Le Top and Rabbitmoon baby and toddler winter matching sibling outfits.
6. If you had to give 3 great kids gifts for a “jump start” on holiday shopping from your online store, what would they be and why?
- Books to Bed matching books and pajamas because they encourage boys and girls to read and they are always kids favorite gifts.
- Esme and PJ Salvage mom and daughter matching pajamas.
- Zoobies character pets, which are plush toys, comfy pillows and cozy blankets all-in-one.
7. Many families are looking for outfits for family holiday portraits for kids. What are some of the hottest trends right now?
Matching sibling outfits from Le Top and other brands and matching Christmas pajamas.
8. Tell us…before you “had kids or grandkids, what is one thing you swore you’d never…?”
I swore I would never say, “Go ask your father.”
Trendy Treasures Online
CHECK-IN and JOIN Trendy Treasures Facebook page and click HERE