Calm after-school hunger with nutritious, easy, and tasty snacks your scholarly tykes are sure to enjoy. Voila!
Ham & Apple Wraps Recipe – just 15 minutes!
Serving Size: 4
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, quartered, and cut into 16 equal-size wedges
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, cut lengthwise into sixteen 1-inch strips
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and mustard until smooth; set dip aside.
- On one apple wedge, center a piece of cheese; wrap tightly around middle with a strip of ham.
- Repeat with remaining apple, cheese, and ham.’Serve with dip on the side.
Cinnamon Tostada Recipe
Serving Size: 2
Kids (and grown-ups, too) will love this updated version of cinnamon toast.
- 2 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. Place tortillas on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dividing evenly, spread butter on one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Broil until sugar is golden brown and has melted, 1 to 2 minutes. (Tortillas will puff under broiler and become flat again once taken out.) Cut each tortilla into wedges.