Posted in Baby Clothes, California, Children, Children's Clothes, Community, Donations, Fall, Le Top, Le Top Online Boutique, le•top, Summer, tagged back to school, backpack giveaway days, disadvantaged and homeless children, disadvantaged families, donate school supplies, Donations, education, fill backpacks, help children, how to help, le top, le top cares, non-profit organization, Operation Backpack, Sacramento, school supplies, Volunteers of America, Yolo County, youth on June 21, 2011 |
1 Comment »
The past couple of years Le Top employees have supported a program near and dear to our hearts through Volunteers of America, called Operation Backpack. The program collects necessary back-to-school supplies and disburses them to Greater Sacramento, CA area homeless and disadvantaged families, as well as agencies and school districts. I know summer has just started but the new school year is fast approaching and these children are lacking the basics to start school off on the right track. Operation Backpack is accepting filled backpacks or supplies from July 8-22, 2011. If you or a group you are involved in would like to donate or participate see how you do it below (taken from the Volunteers of America website.)
Give Back. Give a Pack.
- Pick a school supply list.
- Purchase a new backpack filled with school supplies according to the grade level of your choice.
- Securely tag the backpack with the school supply list and bring to one of the participating drop-off locations between July 8 and 22.
2. Groups – Join the 100 Pack!
- The 100 Pack celebrates Volunteers of America’s 100th anniversary of providing human services in Greater Sacramento. By joining today, your group commits to sponsoring its very own Operation Backpack drive, and collecting as many new backpacks and school supplies as possible.
- Introduce your personal network of friends, family, neighbors, colleagues and social groups to Operation Backpack and start today!
- Volunteers are crucial to the success of Operation Backpack. Starting in late-June, and continuing through the first week of August, volunteers are needed to fulfill a variety of roles, including: Runners; Sorters; and Pick-a-Pack Day Event Assistants.
- For more details and to sign up, please visit the Operation Backpack Volunteer page.
Support Kids Now!
- Don’t have time to shop or volunteer, but still want to make a difference? Visit the online donation page to make a contribution today!
For additional information on Operation Backpack, please see the list of supporting pages to the left, or contact them at OperationBackpack@voa-sac.org, or 916.442.3691.
Read Full Post »