Perfect activity for little hands, and perfect to eat for little mouths!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Grill: 8 minutes
Makes 12 mini burgers
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 small round dinner rolls (such as potato rolls or dollar rolls)
- 24 leaves fresh arugula or other leafy green, cleaned
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese (about 3 ounces total)
- 12 slices plum tomato
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Shape seasoned beef into 12 small patties, about 1/4-cup mixture for each, forming patties that are 2-1/2 inches across and 1/2 inch thick.
- Split the rolls in half and toast the cut side on the grill, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large platter. Top buns with arugula leaves.
- Transfer hamburger patties to the grill and cook 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 additional minutes or until cooked through. Top burgers with cheese. Slice should be roughly the size of the burger; if not, cut or fold it to fit. Grill until slightly melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer burgers to lettuce-topped buns and place a plum tomato slice on each. Serve warm.